Happy Friday! Have you ever been so captivated by a conversation that you lost track of time? Has anyone ever said something to you and you pondered on it longer than you should have? Today, in our reading Apostle Paul is reminding the believers at Colosse and us not to be captured or distracted by nonsense. Enjoy today’s devotion and your weekend.
Bible verse – Colossians 2:8-10 NLT
“8 Don’t let anyone capture you with empty philosophies and high-sounding nonsense that come from human thinking and from the spiritual powers of this world, rather than from Christ. 9 For in Christ lives all the fullness of God in a human body. 10 So you also are complete through your union with Christ, who is the head over every ruler and authority.”
Apostle Paul continued to remind the believers at Colosse not to be distracted or deceived by philosophers who teach false philosophies. He warned that those deceptive practices were not of Christ, but of human traditions.
Apostle Paul further pointed out three points:
- In Christ is the fullness of God.
- Christ is both fully God and truly man. (1 John 4:1-6)
- As believers we are complete because we have been saved by Christ and united in Him.
- John 1:16-18 states:
- “16 From his abundance we have all received one gracious blessing after another. 17 For the law was given through Moses, but God’s unfailing love and faithfulness came through Jesus Christ. 18 No one has ever seen God. But the unique One, who is himself God, is near to the Father’s heart. He has revealed God to us.”
- John 1:16-18 states:
- Christ is head over everything – every authority, ruler, and power.
Sisters and brothers, do not get distracted by those who falsely lead with their own philosophies that are not Biblically sound. Do not forget the teachings of the word of God in the Bible. When in doubt always go back to the word and review it for yourself.
Sisters and brothers, here are a few things to consider doing this weekend:
- Spend at least 10-15 minutes in quiet time with the Lord. You can pray, read the Bible, sit quietly and/or journal, but let it be a committed time with just you and Him.
- Read a chapter or two in the Bible.
- Do some chores or go for a walk listening to Christian music or a Christian podcast from a Sunday sermon.
Whatever you decide, embrace the time investing in your relationship with God so that your roots will mature and grow deep.
Father God, thank you for today’s word. Lord, thank you for your son Jesus Christ who came to save us. Lord, work in us today and throughout the weekend to help us get reconnected to you. Lord, we need you in every area of our lives. Help us to find time to sit in your presence and give you the honor that you deserve. Keep transforming us. In Jesus name, amen.
Do you have a prayer request? We would love to pray for you. Send your prayer request to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Bible Reference: http://biblegateway.com
Copyright ©️ 2021 Mary E. White Ministries, all rights reserved. A