Good evening! Last week we read about Peter and Cornelius. We read Cornelius sent for Peter to travel to Cornelius’ home to share the message of Jesus. Upon Peter’s arrival, it was more than Cornelius who was ready to hear the message it was a group of people sitting in the presence of Peter waiting to hear the message of Good News. Join me as we read Peter’s message in 1 of 2 parts.
“34 Then Peter replied, “I see very clearly that God shows no favoritism. 35 In every nation he accepts those who fear him and do what is right. 36 This is the message of Good News for the people of Israel—that there is peace with God through Jesus Christ, who is Lord of all. 37 You know what happened throughout Judea, beginning in Galilee, after John began preaching his message of baptism. 38 And you know that God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and with power. Then Jesus went around doing good and healing all who were oppressed by the devil, for God was with him.” – Acts 10:34-38 NLT
Peter’s thoughts were being transformed as he listened to Cornelius and as he began to understand what God was doing amongst the Gentiles.
I love his statement, “I see very clearly that God shows no favoritism.”
- Just the words “I see” connects us to chapter 10 verses 15-17 where Peter has a vision and he was trying to understand it. Everything had become crystal clear.
- The very thought that God shows no favoritism “in every nation he accepts those who fear him and do what is right” shows us that He is a good Father who loves his children of all races and backgrounds.
The message of Good News “that there is peace with God through Jesus Christ, who is Lord of all“, cannot be overlooked.
Sisters and brothers, let’s ponder on a few questions:
- What is God trying to show you about Himself in this season?
- What view or prospective is God trying to transform within you?
- What do you need God to help you see clearly?
- How can you you reconcile relationships with people of all races, backgrounds and religions?
Father God, we thank you for another grand day. Thank you for the amazing sunrise and beautiful sunset. Thank you for your provisions, safety and care for your children (us). Thank you for keeping us even when we didn’t want to be kept. Lord, will you begin to transform us and help us to see things/perspectives that need to change in us. Lord, continue to examine our hearts 💕 and give us understanding. Lord, you are the only one who saves, restores and makes us new. Renew us this evening, rest our minds, and help us to remain focused on you and your plan. In Jesus name, amen.
Do you have a prayer request? We would love to pray for you. Send your prayer request to: email@example.com
Bible Reference: http://biblegateway.com
Copyright 2020 Mary E. White Ministries, all rights reserved.