Good morning! Have you every been in a store and was greeted by a security guard? The security guard may have said, “hi” or stood and watched people as they entered and left. The security guard’s primary job is to keep the store secure from attempts of theft or robbery. Today we will continue our reading in Philippians chapter four (4). In verses 6-7, we read Apostle Paul’s advice on worry. We will also read how God being the perfect security guard will guard our hearts and minds from Satan’s attempts to rob us of our peace. Given the past year and even today, we need this reminder. Enjoy today’s devotion.
Bible Verse – Philippians 4:6-7NLT
“6 Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. 7 Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.”
Apostle Paul provided instructions to the church at Philippi on how to experience God’s peace. Praise God that those instructions are for us to read and experience as well. Apostle Paul started:
- Do not worry about anything
- instead, pray about everything.
- During those prayers
- tell God what you need
- thank him for what he has already done.
Apostle Paul said, if we did those things, then:
- We will experience God’s peace.
- As we live in Christ
- His peace will guard our:
- His peace will guard our:
There is nothing greater than having a mind of peace, which is completelydifferentfrom givingsomeonea “peace of your mind”. Living in Christ provides us an opportunity to experience His presence and when we rely on Him he guards our hearts and minds with His peace.
If I may be honest with you, there are times when I worry about my family, my regular job, or other matters. However, when I recognize the enemies plot to rob me of my peace and attempt to disrupt my joy, I stop right where I am and begin to pray. The Lord never fails to listen to our prayers and He is always faithful – extremely trustworthy. So in the midst of those prayers I find myself shifting from worry to praising and thanking the Lord for what He has already done, and trusting Him with everything that is ahead. There are times when I can walk away in complete peace and there are other times when I need to pray without ceasing through an entire situation or season to experience God’s peace in my heart and mind.
Sisters and brothers, I don’t know your situation, but I know God offers peace for your heart and mind.
- Will you take the time today, to stop right where you are and pour out your heart/prayers to God about everything?
- I know that may take awhile, but worrying all day is not the best option, instead swap out your worry for prayer.
- Are you willing to praise God during your prayer?
- Use that praise as a reminder of what He has already done in your life. He has proven his faithfulness in the past, he will be faithful again. Trust Him. Thank Him.
- Are you ready to experience His peace about your situation?
- Allow Him to be God over that situation.
- Allow Him to lead you with discernment and wisdom.
- As you live in Christ, trust He will guard your heart and mind.
Father God we thank you for your peace that guards our hearts and minds. Lord, we thank you for being the One we can turn to when everything else seems to pull us toward worry or false fulfillment. Lord, we know and trust that when we pray to you, you hear us. Lord, remove worry from our hearts and spirits today. Lord, we want Your peace within us. Lord, as we walk through whatever is before us, we surrender the day to you. We surrender our worries to you. Lord, lead us in your perfect peace as we accomplish all that is set before us. Lord, cover our children, protect and heal marriages, heal the hearts of those who are grieving, restore peace to this nation. In Jesus name, amen.
VIRTUAL BIBLE STUDY
THIS BIBLE STUDY SESSION WILL EXPLORE THE LIFE ELIJAH.
- Location: Via Zoom (RSVP: firstname.lastname@example.org for the Zoom link)
- Begins: Wednesday, March 3, 2021
- Time: 6:00 P.M. – 7:30 P.M.
- We purchased the Elijah Video Bundle for Group Use. You will need to purchase your personal Bible study book.
- Bible Study Book: Elijah – Faith and Fire. The author of the book is Priscilla Shirer.
Note: If you purchase your book online through LifeWay, you can subscribe to their website and get a 20% discount on your purchase. Here’s the link to the Bible study book via LifeWay: https://www.lifeway.com/en/product-family/elijah-bible-study
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ON THIS VIRTUAL BIBLE STUDY SESSION, EMAIL: CONTACTUS@MARYEWHITEMINISTRIES.COM
Do you have a prayer request? We would love to pray for you. Send your prayer request to: email@example.com
Bible Reference: http://biblegateway.com
Copyright ©️ 2020-2021 Mary E. White Ministries, all rights reserved.