Good morning! Have you ever had a disagreement? Have you ever witnessed a disagreement where you were challenged to pick a side? Well, as we continue to read Philippians chapter four (4) we will read how Apostle Paul attempted to resolve the matter. Join me as we read verses two (2) through three (3).
Bible verse – Philippians 4:2-3 NLT
“2 Now I appeal to Euodia and Syntyche. Please, because you belong to the Lord, settle your disagreement. 3 And I ask you, my true partner,[b] to help these two women, for they worked hard with me in telling others the Good News. They worked along with Clement and the rest of my co-workers, whose names are written in the Book of Life.”
Apostle Paul learned that there was dissension amongst two members of the church. He did two things:
- He reminded the women who they belonged to. It was a call to be Christ like.
- He called on the church to help the women. For he knew their character and their intentions to share the Good News was pure. However, a disagreement was creating strife that Paul heard about while in prison.
Over the past year, we have seen, heard of, and maybe even witnessed members of the church disagree on many issues (e.g., social justice, racism, face coverings, meeting locations, etc.) that Satan used as a method to divide the church. While all those issues matter to God, many believers strayed away from being Christ like on those matters. Apostle Paul was clear, if we are believers we need to remember who we belong to and let that be reflective in our actions and words.
Apostle Paul also called the church to action to help resolve the matter that was going on at that time. Yet, if we are honest we need the same message today in our churches. The church is called to bring believers back to a dependency on God – in relationship with Him, our relationship with fellow believers, and the world. Our idleness in some matters only creates further division, especially when we are called to address the matters, unite in the purposes of Christ, and heal – all while staying focused on Christ and the great mission.
Sisters and brothers, will you consider pondering over the following questions?
- Is there a disagreement amongst you and a fellow believer?
- Is there an opportunity to reconcile your differences and recommit to being Christ like in all your relationships?
- As a member of the global church, how can you assist our local churches in areas of reconciling the church and its members in living out what we profess to believe?
Father God thank you for sending your son Christ Jesus to save us all and reconcile us back to you. God we thank you for always loving us and for desiring to be in relationship with us. Lord Jesus, we want to be more like Christ in our relationships, in the church, and wherever we are. Lord, help us to resolve/settle our disagreements with fellow believers. Lord, may the witnessing of our reconciliation unite the church in love and understanding. Lord, show us areas within our lives that do not align to your will. Reset our minds on the things that concern you and may we be an example of Christ in the world today. In Jesus name we pray, amen.
VIRTUAL BIBLE STUDY – Restarts this week
THIS BIBLE STUDY SESSION WILL EXPLORE THE LIFE ELIJAH.
- Location: Via Zoom (RSVP: email@example.com for the Zoom link)
- Begins: Wednesday, March 3, 2021
- Time: 6:00 P.M. – 7:30 P.M.
- We purchased the Elijah Video Bundle for Group Use. You will need to purchase your personal Bible study book.
- Bible Study Book: Elijah – Faith and Fire. The author of the book is Priscilla Shirer.
Note: If you purchase your book online through LifeWay, you can subscribe to their website and get a 20% discount on your purchase. Here’s the link to the Bible study book via LifeWay: https://www.lifeway.com/en/product-family/elijah-bible-study
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ON THIS VIRTUAL BIBLE STUDY SESSION, EMAIL: CONTACTUS@MARYEWHITEMINISTRIES.COM
Do you have a prayer request? We would love to pray for you. Send your prayer request to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Bible Reference: http://biblegateway.com
Copyright ©️ 2020-2021 Mary E. White Ministries, all rights reserved.