Good morning! Today, we will continue to read Matthew 21. Everyone was on their way to Jerusalem to celebrate Passover, but this time the journey and the celebration was different. Enjoy today’s reading and your day.
BIBLE VERSE – Matthew 21:6-11 NLT
“6 The two disciples did as Jesus commanded. 7 They brought the donkey and the colt to him and threw their garments over the colt, and he sat on it. 8 Most of the crowd spread their garments on the road ahead of him, and others cut branches from the trees and spread them on the road. 9 Jesus was in the center of the procession, and the people all around him were shouting, “Praise God for the Son of David! Blessings on the one who comes in the name of the Lord! Praise God in highest heaven!”
10 The entire city of Jerusalem was in an uproar as he entered. “Who is this?” they asked. 11 And the crowds replied, “It’s Jesus, the prophet from Nazareth in Galilee.””
Please take note of this procession, because in a few chapters you will see a change:
- Jesus’ disciples were with him.
- The people laid out a path for Jesus.
- People were all around Jesus.
- They were shouting praises to God. Quoting scriptures from Daniel and the Psalms.
- The crowds knew who he was, but there were people in Jerusalem who did not know who Jesus was (v.10 – “Who is this?”) or what he had done (e.g., miracles, healing, etc).
Sisters and brothers, I could only imagine what it was like to be amongst the crowd. Hearing, seeing and experiencing prophecy being fulfilled before their eyes. The moment had to be beyond amazing.
A couple of questions for you:
- As you read these verses are you still amazed by the coming of the King, the Messiah, the living God, King of kings, Lord of lords, Judge over judges and Savior of the world? _________
- When people ask, who is Jesus? Will you share who He is (Son of God, Prince of Peace, Lord of all, Savior and Redeemer) and what He has done for you? _________
While Jesus came for us, remember he didn’t come to entertain, He came to save. He was on a mission so that we might be saved. There are a lot of things to entertain us, but there is only One who can save. Spend time with Him. Trust Him.
Father God, thank you for your love and mercy. Thank you for establishing this event, that was spoken of centuries ago by the prophets. Lord, we want to be more than fans in a crowd. We want and desire an intimate relationship with you. Lord, soften our hearts and rearrange our schedules so that we willing relinquish our time to you. You are our only hope. Lord, continue to put your word in our hearts. Teach us your ways. Equip us with the knowledge and grace that we need to understand your word and share it with others. Lord, you are faithful and full of love and compassion. Father God, today we also pray for those who are struggling financially. Lord, you know their needs. Lord, you know what bills need to be paid and how scarce food may be for them. Lord, we ask that you provide for every need that they might have. Lord, we need you, our cities, our countries and world need you. Lord, be with us and help us to see you at work today. Change us. In Jesus name, amen.
Do you have a prayer request? We would love to pray for you. Send your prayer request to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Bible Reference: http://biblegateway.com
Copyright ©️ 2022 Mary E. White Ministries, all rights reserved.