Happy Wednesday! We are at the halfway mark for the week. While we don’t know what is ahead for us, we do know the Lord is and will be with us. Trust Him. Spend time with Him. Don’t treat Him like a shadow, invite Him into your space and communion with Him. Enjoy today’s reading and your day.
“As Jesus and the disciples approached Jerusalem, they came to the town of Bethphage on the Mount of Olives. Jesus sent two of them on ahead. 2 “Go into the village over there,” he said. “As soon as you enter it, you will see a donkey tied there, with its colt beside it. Untie them and bring them to me. 3 If anyone asks what you are doing, just say, ‘The Lord needs them,’ and he will immediately let you take them.”
4 This took place to fulfill the prophecy that said,
5 “Tell the people of Jerusalem,[Isaiah 62:11]
‘Look, your King is coming to you.
He is humble, riding on a donkey—
riding on a donkey’s colt.’”[Zechariah 9:9]” – Matthew 21:1-5 NLT
Things to ponder:
- Jesus gave the disciples detailed instructions.
- Jesus knew they might have opposition and He told them how to respond.
- Prophecy was fulfilled.
- The King – humble and riding on a donkey.
While the instructions that Jesus gave were specific for that moment, I want to ask a couple of questions:
- When the Lord gave or gives you instructions are you willing to do exactly what He asked? ______
- When you face opposition to the things the Lord is calling you to do, do you get discouraged and walk away/turn back? Or do you read the promises of our Lord God in His word, which reminds us of who He is and whose we are and keep going?
Brothers and sisters, Jesus was making an entrance and was revealing himself as the true Messiah and King. Today, allow Him to take His rightful place and position as King over your life. Will you surrender your life and will to Him?
Father God, thank you for sending your Son Jesus to save us. Lord, we couldn’t save ourselves if we tried. Lord, you know our hearts and minds, and you still love us. Most High King we praise you for loving us and for coming for us. Lord, as Jesus sent out the disciples and they were obedient, help us to trust, have faith and remain obedient to your word and direction. Lord, help us to remain focused even when opposition is against us. Lord, be the King over our lives – rule and reign. Help us to stand firm in the faith and trust you in all areas of our lives. Change us and make us new. In Jesus name, amen.